Love checklists? So do I!
If you need ideas to help you start doing spectacularly little--and yet kind--actions that make a difference, this is for you.
Want to empower others to change the world? Guest posting here might be your open door.
Average advocate empowers people to be who they were born to be and make the difference in the world they were meant to make. We focus on giving everyday Westerners a place to start on global social issues.
What is Average Advocate Looking For?
This is not a specific requirement list, but following these guidelines will give you a greater shot at having your post accepted.
- Go to this year’s list of themes to find direction on content.
- Your pitch DOES NOT have to include your whole post. In other words, you can give me your idea before you do the work of writing a post.
- Posts will not be published as they are received. Pitch earlier to increase your likelihood of being published.
- Expect a turn-around of a couple weeks (It might be quicker–but it also might not be).
- 40% of your post must be new content and must have a different name than a previously published post.
- Average Advocate posts are usually between 800-1000 words.
- Proofread for grammar and spelling errors.
- Although Average Advocate will edit for better reading, it strives to maintain the integrity of your voice.
- Include a short bio, small author image, and your top social media links when you submit your full post.
- Include a relevant image for the post that does not have a copyright (Canva is a great place to start).
- If you are coming from a specific faith/perspective, be sure to remember your audience might not come from that worldview (example: I might be a follower of Jesus, but if I refer to the Bible, I assume it isn’t familiar to most of my readers, let alone their basis of truth).
- Demeaning, vulgar, crude, or explicit content will not be accepted.
In your pitch, tell us why you think it will empower ordinary people to change the world by helping them be who they are born to be and/or make the difference they are born to make.
Please pitch potential posts to elisa @ average advocate . com (without spaces)
*Average Advocate reserves the right to deny any potential guest posts without reason. edit for grammar or better reading