Love checklists? So do I!
If you need ideas to help you start doing spectacularly little--and yet kind--actions that make a difference, this is for you.
Life Mapping – Average Advocate Coaching
Alice and Wonderland’s infamous Cheshire Cat once wisely declared, “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Unfortunately, this is the way many of us live our lives. Going down any, or all roads open to us, leading us to who knows what end.
Here, at Average Advocate, we highly value living intentionally. Why? We believe we can be fully alive and make a difference in the world.
Yes. Both. At the same time. Without burning out. (*SHOCKER*)
Why I Began Life Mapping
So how does one begin to live intentionally? There is no right method, but the system I use is dubbed Life Mapping.
In a nutshell, I was doing all the good things to change the world and burned-out, unintentionally hurting those around me and myself in the process. (Average Advocate has been here through all of this, like a patient friend)
I moved across across the country, took a year-off ministry, business, and all non-profit and do-gooder work to heal, re-calibrate my people-pleasing ways, and figure out how to do things differently.
And that is when I began Life Mapping. You can read more about my story here, but now, on to you.
What is Life Mapping?
Life Mapping is a form of life coaching (also known as life planning, but that term sounds too intimidating for my wanderlust soul). Life Mapping guides individuals through a series of exercises that rapidly help them chart the path they need to be on to get to where they want to go–even if they have no clue where that is when they start!
Life Mapping is a tool to help us focus on what is essential.
Here’s What You Should Know About Life Mapping:
Think: Compass. Map. GPS.
If you can figure out your destination point, you can re-calibrate over and over again to get there–even if you make 20,000,000 wrong turns. And, SURPRISE! The destination point isn’t what you do, but rather, what type of person you’ll be.
(Ya, let that sink in for a moment. Is it actually possible to structure your life around characteristic instead of achievements? I’ll answer that one for you: Yep.)
Life Mapping is a comprehensive eight-step system:
- Your design
- Your themes
- Your priorities
- Your dreams
- Your reality
- Your goals
- Your schedule
- Your Story Worth Living
Here are some expectations you should have for Life Mapping:
- This is a living document (you can set perfection aside as it is never fully finished)
- It takes an invested amount of time to create your initial Life Map
- Each season you create new 90-day goals
- If you stop using it, you can pick it up years later and easily get going again
- (I myself am on my fourteenth edition)
- It won’t solve all your problems, but it can really help!
- You can rechart your Life Map as you and your circumstances change
Does Life Mapping Empower You To Change the World?
By now you should know that Average Advocate exists to empower ordinary people to change the world. But most of us get stuck before we get started, or we start strong and then fade fast. (After all, global problems just keep comin’ and life is already so overwhelming).
Solution? We flip the script. We start being who we are designed to be first. Uncovering vision, implementing order, and living who we are out behind closed-doors (in our hearts and homes) changes us. The result? We begin meaningfully making a difference in the world.
Life Mapping is for you if you…
- Are sick of wasting time
- Have dreams tucked away
- Feel stuck or under a glass ceiling
- Know you’ve become cynical or indifferent
- Expect to have regrets at the end of your life
- Don’t even know who your best-self is
- Don’t have a clue what direction to go in
- Don’t where you would like to make a difference in the world
- Love all the things and say yes to everything good and great
- Are overwhelmed
- Are burning-out and downing
- Are striving for that meaningful life
Life Mapping provides…
- Time management
- A schedule that empowers recovering people-pleasers
- Empowerment to continue forward without a coach
- An intentional life
How Do You Start Life Mapping?
You don’t need me or any other coach to begin Life Mapping! Just download the workbook and start! I hope everyone does this, with a coach or without!
(Please note: the free downloadable workbook on Average Advocate isn’t the most updated version, nor does it include the document template you can dump your finished Life Map in > Join a Life Mapping coaching group with Average Advocate for the updated version!)
But . . . Accountability & Coaching are Awesome!
People have more success Life Mapping with accountability and personal feedback. The workbook is just information. But it is Information + Imitation + Implementation = Innovation. Personal access to and coaching from someone who does Life Mapping greatly increases your odds of finishing your initial Life Map and using the system well so that it changes your life.
Life Mapping gives you tools for life long habits that empower you to live intentionally and make a difference in the world.
I really believe in this, which is why I am try to give this to you at the lowest value I can afford. But I’ve also discovered that those who are the most likely to finish their Life Map are those who’ve made an investment because they value it.
Right now, Average Advocate Coaching has two packages to help you begin Life Mapping over a period of six sessions: One-On-One Coaching and Virtual Life Mapping Coaching Groups.
***Fall 2019 is the first time virtual groups are being offered, and we are starting with an introductory price! Take advantage of it!***
Fall 2019 Life Mapping Groups:
Six Week Life Mapping Intensives:
- Tuesdays, 11:00am-11:45am PST. (2:00pm-2:45pm EST.)
- November 12th through December 17th, 2019.
Every-other Week Life Mapping:
- Fridays, 9:05am-9:50am PST. (12:05-12:50pm EST.)
- Fridays, 12:05pm-12:50 pm PST (3:05-3:50 EST.)
- November 22nd (skipping holidays)
- Wednesdays, 7:00pm-7:45pm PST. (10:00pm-10:45pm EST.)
- November 13th through Feburary 5th, 2020 (skipping January 1st).
Choose the first date of the group you want to be part of here: SIGN-UP HERE
Are you interested in doing this Life Mapping special but there isn’t a time listed that works for you? Let us know–when there is interest, sometimes we can make it happen!
One-On-One Life Mapping
To schedule one-on-one Life Mapping, just head over to the appointment page here and I will contact you as soon as you sign-up!
A NOTE ON SCHEDULING: This calendar isn’t 100% accurate with your selected one-on-one meeting time, although I will do my best to meet you at your ideal time. Also, If you want to do in-person sessions instead of virtual one-on-one sessions, please note it will take more fanangling to meet-up.
Signing-Up For Virtual Life Mapping Groups
2.) After you sign-up, I will be in contact to make sure you have everything you need to start!
Life Mapping can literally be life-altering, and in the best way.
What does the Average Advocate Life Mapping Package included?
- Six 45-minute coaching sessions (either every-other week or every week for intensives)
- Instructions and initial hand-holding to learn how to Life Map for the rest of your life
- The newest Life Mapping workbook and Purpose Roadmap workbooks and document template booklet in pdf form (or print)
- Guidance to any other life-coaching worksheets, assignments, and projects you might need to help you move forward
- Weekly connection (via email or text)
- Introspective feedback and guidance to help you see your life themes and what motivates you
- Accountability to help you meet your initial 90-day goals
- Email or a short phone call with feedback of your first Life Map revision for your next set of 90-day goals
There is no need to get to the end of your life with regrets when there is so much hope for you now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I miss a day?
- You get access to a video of this content and will be able to touch-base with me briefly about what you missed over phone, text or email.
What if I am unhappy with Life Mapping?
- I would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase after the 2nd week, I will give you a full refund or a partial refund up to 30 days of your purchase.
READY TO SIGN UP? GO HERE!
SO EXCITED TO DO THIS WITH YOU!